WWII German Truck
The main part of the German Wehrmacht autopark during WWII formed 3t cargo trucks. One of the most numerous of them was L3000S, which was produced since 1940 in Daimler-Benz plants. This truck was powered by a 4 cyl. Daimler-Benz OM 65/4 Diesel engine and had rear drive only.
L3000S trucks were widely used in all German arms of service up to the end of war everywhere – in the Soviet-German front, in North Africa, Italy, France. In off-road condition not-all-drive vehicles showed low cross-country capability, so some of L3000 trucks received four-wheel drive and were designated as L3000A.
There were produced 27700 L3000S trucks all in all in 1940-1944.