WWII German Reconnaissance Plane
Focke-Wulf Fw 189
Uhu( Owl was
German twin engine twin -boom three-seat tactical reconnaissance and army coope ration aircraft. lt entered Luftwaffe service in 1940, and was produced until mid 1944. ln total 845 serial aircraft were produced. Modification FW 189
defensive armament of two MG 15 machine guns.
Called the “Flying Еуе” of the German army, the Fw 189А was used extensively оп the Eastern Front with great success. lts Russian nickname was “Rama” (Frame), referring to its distinctive tail booms shape.